We’re hiring! Do you have what it takes?
Job Title: Communication Officer
We are looking to hire a dedicated Communications Officer to join our team. The Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate our programs. Demonstrated understanding of the media and its workings in relation to the Nigerian polity, regional trends and global affairs.
- Demonstrable core competence
- Team spirit
- Passion for excellence
- Sound ethics
- 3+ years prior experience in a communication management role
- Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
- Vast in copy editing of various content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other publicity material that communicates the WSCIJ’s activities and/or programmes
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of communications and public relations best practices
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
- Experience with project managing, rolling out, leading or coordinating programme operations especially those related to the development sector
- Good appreciation of data and its deployment
- Experience working with a media focused non-governmental organisation will be regarded as additional merit
- Journalism experience may be an advantage
WSCIJ remuneration and benefits are competitive with similar roles in the sector.
Deadline – November 13, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
[gdlr_button href=”https://wscij.org/application-form-communication-officer/” target=”_self” size=”medium” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff”]APPLY NOW[/gdlr_button]
*WSCIJ is an equal opportunity employer. We are happy to work with all persons despite their gender, age, ethnic origin, religious inclination or physical disability as long as they are passionate, competent and have the right work attitude.