Job Titles: Intern/Assistant Programme Officer/Volunteer Report Women
- Support planning of activities to achieve programme objectives on the Report Women programme.
- Conduct desk research to support proposals to potential donors.
- Prepare and submit draft activity reports, meeting minutes as may be required.
- Contribute to gathering draft content for webpage and social media platforms.
- Support monitoring of newspapers for stories on various issues centred around girls and women.
- Contribute to the review and analyse of programme plans, mid-year and year-end reports and ensuring quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards.
- Contribute to ensure consistent and coherent monitoring approaches, tools and systems in line with global standards and polices.
- Assist in identifying potential gaps and problems and in cooperation with other relevant colleagues recommend appropriate solutions to ensure the efficient implementation of programme activities.
- Assist in a timely and effective follow-up of internal and external audits observations and recommendations that relate to programmatic issues.
- Take on other support roles as may be decided by the organisation.
- Vast knowledge of girls and women issues and the role of the media on the subject.
- Fair understanding of the media and its workings in relation to the Nigerian polity, regional trends and global affairs.
- Basic project management skills.
- Ability to be discreet and manage sensitive information.
- Fair Information Technology skills/deep interest and grasps of the use of social media tools including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for public engagement.
- Possess essential data entry skills— fast typing and an eye for detail.
- Fair grasps of the use of Microsoft packages especially Excel and Word.
- Capacity to take initiative and work under pressure.
- Commendable interpersonal relationship etiquette.
Education and experience:
- Proof of relevant education.
- At least two years’ experience working in a similar role with a record of relevant accomplishments
- Excellence communication skills with evidence of good writing and verbal English diction
- Appreciation of project management cycle
- Experience from a media focused non‐governmental organisation will be regarded as additional merit
Remuneration and benefits are competitive with similar roles in the sector.
To apply, kindly send a motivation letter stating how you fit the bill and why you would like to work with WSCIJ (not more than 300 words) along with your resume as a single document, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject must be the role you are applying for.
Deadline – Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.