Job Titles: Intern (Programme)
- Support planning of activities to achieve programme objectives
- Write reports, policy papers and other research documents
- Conduct desk research to support proposals
- Prepare and submit draft activity reports, meeting minutes as may be required
- Contribute to gathering draft content for webpage and social media platforms
- Support monitoring of newspapers for stories on various issues including health, rural dwellers, education, road infrastructure, girls and women, water, housing, insecurity, persons with disability, electricity, agriculture or a mix of these issues.
- Take on other support roles as may be decided by the organisation.
- Proven capacity to lead, take initiative and be consistently curious
- Fair understanding of the media and its workings in relation to the Nigerian polity, regional trends and global affairs
- Basic project and programme management skills
- Fair Information Technology skills/deep interest and grasps of the use of social media tools including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for public engagement
- Essential data entry skills— fast typing and an eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills with evidence of creative writing and verbal English diction
- Fair grasps of the use of Microsoft packages especially excel and word
- Capacity to take initiative and multi-task
- Commendable interpersonal relationship etiquette
- Ability to be discreet and manage sensitive information
Education and experience:
- Proof of relevant education.
- At least two years’ experience working in a similar role with a record of relevant accomplishments post NYSC
- Appreciation of project management cycle
- Experience from a media focused non‐governmental organisation will be regarded as additional merit
Remuneration and benefits are competitive with similar roles in the sector and based on exposure and experience.
To apply, kindly send a motivation letter stating how you fit the bill and why you would like to work with WSCIJ (not more than 300 words) along with your resume as a single document, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject must be the role you are applying for.
Deadline – Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.