Job Titles: Programme Manager
Date of Joining: December 2021
- Drive major accountability journalism projects – strategy design, proposal writing, project implementation, business development and fundraising.
- Locate and engage advocates/ influencers within the community (on all forms of media) to foster dialogue.
- Plan activities to achieve programme objectives
- Identify and track emerging opportunities through the institutional funding strategy and action plan
- Manage complex and inter-media organisation partnerships
- Draft technical and financial proposals to secure funding
- Manage key partners’ contributions to project development and implementation
- Prepare and submit activity reports, meeting minutes and financial reports on regular basis as may be required
- Design and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs
- Perform monitoring and evaluation of activities
- Represent the organisation’s executive director to present the organisation’s position at high-level media, policy and development meetings.
- Produce and manage content for webpage and social media and support media campaign efforts
- Relate appropriately with key stakeholders within private, public and civil society sectors globally
- Set activity targets for team members and ensure those targets are met satisfactorily
- Innovate alternative channels to disseminate WSCIJ’s message and showcase its work
- Perform other roles as may be required by the organisation
- Verifiable strong ability to lead, inspire and influence others
- Vast understanding of the non-governmental, not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated understanding of the media and its workings in relation to the Nigerian polity, regional trends and global affairs
- Proven ability of write, proofread, edit and design policy papers, research documents, surveys, training modules and other materials to be published
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to be discreet and manage sensitive information
- Good Information Technology skills and ample grasps of the use of social media tools including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for public engagement
- Capacity to take initiative and work under pressure with or without supervision
- Relevant knowledge of the non-profit space in Nigeria and donor-funding opportunities to develop project proposals
- Commendable interpersonal relationship and etiquette
- Proficiency with the use of Microsoft packages especially excel, word and powerpoint
- High comfort level with all social media platforms and traditional media options.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative mind‐set
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse people, interests and issues
- Ability to think outside the box
- Readiness for local and international travels (sometimes at short notice)
- Ability to take on other tasks as may be decided by the organisation
- Passionate team-spirit
Education and experience:
- Proof of higher education and or experience.
- At least five years’ experience working in a similar role with a record of relevant accomplishments.
- Experience with driving project management cycle, that relate to media, anti-corruption efforts and the development sector
- Excellent communication skills with evidence of good written and spoken English
- Good appreciation of data journalism and its deployment
- Experience working with a media focused non-governmental organisations
Remuneration and benefits are competitive with similar roles in the sector.
*This is a hit-the-ground-running role, only apply if you have high-level competence and experience.
To apply, kindly send a motivation letter stating how you fit the bill and why you would like to work with WSCIJ (not more than 400 words) along with your resume as a single document, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject must be the role you are applying for.
Deadline – Thursday 18 November 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.